Paddock Plant Identification Field Day
Date: Friday 27th September
Where: Avondale Road, Penrose (near Wollongong, NSW)
Time: 10am – 12pm
RSVP: Please RSVP for catering – firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph 4232 3200
This workshop will help you to:
- Identify and name the important plants in your paddock
- Identify which plants are useful and which are weeds
- Tell the difference between native and introduced grasses and understand the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Understand what plants tell you about your paddock or landscape e.g. why do some plants grow where they do and others do not? What is this telling you about the soils? i.e. what do these plants indicate about fertility or other characteristics of the landscape?
- Manage the different plants in your paddock
This workshop has been funded by Southern Rivers Catchment Management Authority-Agricultural Extension through the Australian Government’s Caring for our Country initiative.